Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hello Again

It's kind of appalling that I've been AWOL from my blog during the two biggest book months of the year. Appalling but understandable, I guess. I had started making you gift-buying lists, best of the year lists, mock awards lists; I've read tons of phenominal books and yet, nothing on the blog. It's been sooooo busy and I've been sooooo burnt out. So, my apologies for leaving you high and dry.

I was really happy with the American Library Association's awards choices this year. Only the Printz list was unfamiliar to me. (Okay, I was going to link you there, but it seems that ALA is having a lag to post its awards on the normal pages.)Otherwise, everything seemed pretty deserving and had been discussed by my fellow librarians in our own mock discussions. (Really! I'm not just saying that because I can.) Here's a link to Denver Public Library's website with the award winners.

Here is a list of great children's books (besides those that won awards) I read recently:
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
Home of the Brave by Katherine Applegate
Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller by Sarah Miller
Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis
When I Crossed No-Bob by Margaret McMullen
Underground by Jean Ferris
Red Moon at Sharpsburg by Rosemary Wells
Hush: An Irish Princess Tale by Donna Jo Napoli
Peak by Roland Smith

No comments: