Monday, November 10, 2008

And we begin again...

Hello Readers. Apparently, I have readers. The other day a new author, Catherine Urdahl, came into my library to tell us about her new book and while she was visiting she asked about the (formerly anonymous) author of this blog. She asked me...so I fessed up. And it made me realize that more people than my mother may stumble across this space and want to read more. If I had known that, I wouldn't have let things lapse so very badly! Sorry, y'all.

I figure that Catherine Urdahl deserves a shout-out for bringing this to my attention. Her picture book, Emma's Question, is about a little girl whose grandma is in the hospital and deals with questions of life, death, and illness. The book will be released by Charlesbridge Press in February. I haven't seen a copy yet, but it seems promising and the author is lovely.

In the meantime, I've done some minor re-designing of the site and I've added my GoodReads books, which should at least be fun to look at if I keep lapsing in my posts - which I promise (again) not to do!

So, if you've forgiven me for abandoning you, welcome back and see you soon!

1 comment:

Catherine Urdahl said...

Thank you for the shout-out! It was wonderful to meet you during my October visit. I'm so glad our conversation helped spur you to return to your blog--it looks great! I received my advance reader copy of "Emma's Question," and I'm very happy with it. I'm signing books from 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 24, in the Charlesbridge booth at the ALA Mid-Winter Conference. I hope to see you there.